This variant of the Mandevilla is a fast-growing seeking climber. During warmer months and in most tropical seasons, the plant produces deep red flowers throughout the entire year from the part-shrub, part-climber foliage. In an environment of full sun, it remains a small and unassuming shrub. However, when placed in an area of shade, the plant begins to sprout branches and become a climber.
As a climber, this plant is ideal for decorating trellises and fences, carports and verandahs. As a shrub, this plant is well suited as a potted feature plant for patios and alfresco areas.
For more details about this item, please call 0420 493 944.
Mandevilla Classic Dark Red
- Place in an area of full sun to part shade
- Plant in nutrient-rich, well-drained soils (Does well in a potting mix)
- Water regularly during the warm weather periods, but don't waterlog the soil
- Use a control release fertiliser to maintain good plant health and growth
- Prune when the plant reaches unwanted areas.
(Height x Spread)
1m x 1m
Full Sun, Part Sun
Bird and Wildlife Attracting?
Lanceolate - Pointed at both ends
Yes, Lilaceious Rotary cross (5-Petal Trumpet)