An Agapanthus Summer Blue is a dazzling flowering plant which produces raised light indigo flowers in the summer, these flowers are arranged in a clustered habit far above the flat long leaves of the foliage below the plant. This plant works well in most Australian Gardens as this plant is hardy and tolerant of many conditions. Place this plant as ground cover or as a small border plant for garden beds, or as a line plant against the wall of a house. It also works well mass planted in large containers.
For more details about this item, please call 0420 493 944.
Agapanthus Summer Blue
- Works well in hot climate, warm temperate climate.
- Plant in a Full Sun to Part Shade environment.
Mulch well after planting to retain moisture.
- Works well in sandy to loamy soil conditions that have good drainage.
- Drought Tolerant plant, water occasionally (1x per day) when establishing the plant.
Water sparingly (1x per week) in general care.
Allow soil to dry between watering sessions.
- Fertilize annually during spring with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Remove dead flowers and foliage when necessary.
- This plant is susceptible to snails and slugs
Tolerant of these conditions
Heat Conditions, Drought Conditions, Mild Frost Conditions
Agapanthus orientalis Blue
Grass or Grass Like, Ground Cover
Mature Growth Dimensions
(Height x Spread)
100 cm x 150 cm
Full Sun, Part Shade
Bird / Wildlife Attracting?
Deciduous or Evergreen?
Strappy with a tight growth habit shaped like a mound.