For the one who wants to add an exotic plant to a small garden, the dwarf variant of the Birds Nest Fern is a great choice! This plant produces young and long lanceolate glossy green fronds that sprout upwards before they are lowered down and form a crown or a bird's nest. The ends of the fronds branch out, causing them to have a distinct 'elk horn' look. Use this plant as a striking feature when planted in a suspended pot or as an indoor feature potted plant on any surface.
For more details about this item, please call 0420 493 944.
Bird's Nest Fern (Asplenium Crissie)
- Place in an environment ranging from part sun to shade, away from direct sunlight
- Plant in any soils with good drainage and filled with organic matter.
- Water regularly, (1x per day)
The soil must have moisture but must not be waterlogged.
- Fertilize monthly (1x per month)
Use a liquid fertilizer
- Remove dead/old fronds when necessary
NOT Tolerant of these conditions
Frost, though the fronds will regrow after damage
Drought or Dry conditions
Australian Fern Bush
Mature Growth Dimensions
(Height x Spread)
60 cm x 60 cm
Part Sun, Shade
Bird and Wildlife Attracting?