A truly stunning plant only found within the Geraldton area, the Kangaroo Paw 'Black' is a unusual native plant with extreme colours never normally found within Australia. It is shaped similarly to most of the Anigozanthos kangaroo paws, but they are not the same species plant from them. Its foliage is already unnatural with its blue-green leaves and black stems. However, during the usual spring-summer period they produce some bright lime and black coloured paw-shaped flowers.
Use these plants on a border or as ground cover for a small modern garden, or as a potted feature plant in an open patio or balcony.
For more details about this item, please call 0420 493 944.
Kangaroo Paw 'Black'
- Plant in an area of full sun to part sun environments
- Suitable to be planted in a sandy or loamy soil environment with good drainage.
- Water sparingly (1x per week) when establishing the plant
Water sparingly (2x per week) in general care
- Fertilize annually during the spring with a low phosphorus fertilizer
- Prune dead flowers when necessary
Tolerant of these conditions
Dry Conditions, Frost Conditions,
Grass or Grass Like, Ground Cover
Mature Growth Dimensions
(Height x Spread)
40 cm x 40 cm
Full Sun, Part Sun
Bird and Wildlife Attracting?
Strappy with a tight growth habit shaped like a mound.
Black, Blue Green
Yes, Paw Shaped
Black, Lime Green