The Cordyline Caruba Black is a beautiful evergreen tropical plant which is really unique for its exceptionally dark green, almost black foliage. This plant more resembles a palm, producing a spirally arranged cluster of broadly elongated leaves at the tip of the slender trunk, which turns towards a lighter shade of green when it matures
The Caruba Black is well known in the Pacific Islands and can be seen decorating the line of weddings in indigenous Pacific Island weddings and as a sacred plant to the peoples of the Islands. For less formal uses, the unique plant can be used in pools, in pots, in atriums, indoors or outdoors as a very unique feature plant to showcase in a tropical garden.
For more details about this item, please call 0420 493 944.
Cordyline Caruba Black
Native to the tropical islands of the Pacific Ocean, as a result this plant develops better when grown in a warm, humid environment.
- Plant the Caruba Black in a position of part-sun to shade position
- Plant in well-drained soils.
- During the colder months, place this plant in a greenhouse as this plant is not frost-tolerant.
- Water well until established, once established, the plant is low maintenance and does not require constant attention.
- Fertilize the soil occasionally with a liquid fertilizer to allow optimal growth
Evergreen Tropical Flowering Shrub
Mature Dimensions (HxSpread)
1.2 m x 30 cm
Part Sun, Shade
Bird and Wildlife Attracting?
Black, Burgundy, Purple