For what the plant lacks in leaf colour, the Conostylis Condicans makes up in wow factor for in their abundant display of a multitude of flower clumps that bloom in the dry seasons when there is very little water. The cotton heads are waterwise, making them ideal for any Australian Garden that is native or desert.
With it's clumping habit, this small plant works well en mass as a flowering ground cover or a single plant as a potted feature.
For more details about this item, please call 0420 493 944.
Conostylis Candicans Cotton Heads
- Prefers a Full Sun to Part Sun environment
- Suitable in soil conditions that are moist and well-drained
Mulch soil after planting
- Water regularly (1x a day) when establishing the plant
Water sparingly (2x a week) in general care for more flowers.
- Fertilize annually with a low phosphorus native fertilizer
- Remove dead foliage as necessary and trim back every 1-3 years.
Tolerant of these conditions
Drought Conditions, Light Frost Conditions, Coastal Conditions
Grass, Ground Cover
Mature Growth Dimensions
(Height x Spread)
80 cm x 80 cm
Full Sun, Part Sun
Bird and Wildlife Attracting?
Strappy with a clumping growth habit shaped like a mound.
Winter, Spring, Summer