The Yucca desmetiana is amazing to add a tropical or Mediterranean aesthetic. The smooth leaves grow into a graceful arching leaf arrangement. New leaves on these plants are coloured blush and bright green before transitioning towards a burgundy hue as it matures. This plant, when mature, will support this display of leaves on a multi-trunk display.
For more details about this item, please call 0420 493 944.
- Place in environments, ranging from full sun to part shade
- Plant in any soil environment with good drainage
- Low water requirements when planted
- Fertilize annually with a long term slow-release fertilizer
- Remove spent foliage and cut off trunks if necessary
Tolerant of these conditions
dry conditions, cold conditions
NOT Tolerant of these conditions
Long periods of waterlogged conditions
Tropical Strappy-Leaf Shrub
Mature Growth Dimensions
(Height x Spread)
2 m x 1.5 m
Full Sun, Part Sun
Bird and Wildlife Attracting?
Elongated Linear Lanceolate in rosette arrangement
Burgundy, Purple, Green
Yes, Campanulate - Bell Shaped, With The Segments Gently Flaring