Looking for a dark leafed shrub to cover a large ground area bring a contrast for a warm temperate garden? The Dianella Blaze is a great dark plant to add underneath a larger tree and is known well for its wide heat tolerance and its drought tolerance. In addition, the foliage shifts colours throughout the season, turning greener in the warmer months to cope with the heat. In the colder months, this strappy leaf plant has deep purple leaves grown in a tight habit which make for good contrast with other plants that are green.
The Dianella Blaze is an effective plant to have as a ground cover for a small garden. Looking for a dark plant to help.
For more details about this item, please call 0420 493 944.
- Works well in hot climate, warm temperate climate.
- Plant in a part sun to shade environment
Mulch well after planting to retain moisture
- Works well in sandy to loamy soil conditions that have good drainage
- Water regularly as required during establishment
Water occasionally (2x per week) in general care
Allow soil to dry between watering sessions
- Fertilize annually during spring with a slow-release fertilizer
- Remove dead foliage when necessary
Tolerant of these conditions
Heat Conditions, Drought Conditions, Mild Frost Conditions
Dianella tasmanica BLAZE
Grass or Grass Like, Ground Cover
Mature Growth Dimensions
(Height x Spread)
45 cm x 45 cm
Part Sun, Shade
Bird and Wildlife Attracting?
Strappy with a tight growth habit shaped like a mound.
Dark Purple, Maroon, Green